CAAS A-Valve: assisting physicians during or in preparation of valve replacements as TAVR procedures.
CAAS A-Valve assists the physician in evaluating aortic regurgitation after transcatheter valve replacement. The qRA workflow (also called videodensitometry, VD-AR, LVOT-AR) enables the physician to quantify valvular and paravalvular regurgitation immediately in the hybrid OR directly after placing the valve.
qRA is extensively validated by the groups of Prof. Patrick Serruys and Prof. Carl Schulz. Validation studies have been performed in:
- Correlating with clinical endpoints to assess LVOT-AR cut-off value of 0.17
- Comparing with MR Flow measurements
- Comparing with echocardiography measurements
- Comparing with visual classification of aortic regurgitation
- Phantom setup
Use in practice
CAAS A-Valve qRA has been used to assess:
- Acute performance of a novel Xeltis valve in a pre-clinical setting
- Comparison of seven different TAVR valves